The VEX Robotic Leadership Team provides leadership and support for robotics programming throughout the St. Vrain Valley School District. It primarily helps schools set up and run competitive VEX/VEX IQ robotics tournaments. They also mentor robotics clubs at various elementary and middle schools throughout the district and provide professional development to teachers.
Expectations for being on this team:
- Commitment to meet 2-4 hours a week for planning and training
- Commitment to helping with 2-3 robotics tournaments (10-12 hours per tournament) between October and February
- Skills that will be needed but not necessarily by every team member:
- Understanding of VEX/VEX IQ robotics platforms
- Familiarity with project planning and management
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
VEX Robotic Leadership Projects
- VEX Robotics
- MATE Robotics
- Deep Racer
VEX Robotics Leadership Team Managers
If you’re interested in taking any Robotics / Artificial Intelligence courses for high school credit at the Innovation Center, check out our course catalog here.