Join Opportunity CLIMB as a Mentor
Empower High School Students in SVVSD with Your Expertise
Our mission is to transform the high school experience by providing high school students access to industry-recognized certifications through online, asynchronous, learning platforms enhanced by industry-mentor guidance and work-based learning experiences.
Opportunity CLIMB connects every student in our program with an industry mentor, providing a personal champion to guide and support them on their path to career success. This is your chance to be that champion and make a profound impact in shaping a student’s future.
What it takes to be a Mentor
- Commitment to Career Exploration: Pledge to assist a high school student in discovering and navigating a career path that aligns with their interests and aspirations.
- Regular Online Connections: Engage in meaningful online interactions with your mentee once every other week, fostering a supportive and guiding relationship. Topics and prompts will be provided.
- Events for Enhanced Guidance: Arrange to attend two in-person events hosted at the Innovation Center each semester, strengthening the mentor-mentee bond and providing more in-depth guidance and support.
- Time Commitment: Expect to commit, at most, 2 hours per month per student.
- Recommended at least 2 years of work experience, preferably in the IT sector.
- Be able to commit to at least 1 semester (4 months).
- Demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and abide by the program’s guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Once we have received and processed your application, including conducting a background check, our team will contact you with the next steps.